Sunday, May 1, 2016

April 25, 2016

Hello everyone! 

It feels like it has been forever since i last emailed. Alot has happened since my last email. I left the MTC last tuesday at 5:45 am. The two other guys headed to the same mission as me and I got on a flight to Durban. The flight was about an hour long. When we landed we met President and Sister Zackrison. they are such nice people. We went to the mission home and got to know them a little better. Then we went to the mission office and had to fill out some paper work. Elder Adlard and I then had to take a driving test. That was interesting trying to drive on the other side of the road and the other side of the car. I did alright and I told them I couldnt really drive a stick (the test car was an automatic). President then told me I was going to Ladysmith and my trainer/father/companion was going to be Elder Razafindrakoto from Madagascar. He has been out for 16 months. He is a pretty awesome guy and makes some really good rice. He has only been in ladysmith for a month and a half so getting to places has been a really interesting thing sometimes. oh ya about getting to places. They gave me one of the only manual cars in the mission. I havent killed us yet haha. Ive had to get alot better really fast. Its been fun though. We live with one other set of missionaries. they are pretty cool guys. We have taught quite a few lessons and since ive been here already commited 3 people to baptism in the next 3 weeks! it was so exciting when they said yes. We actually just had a baptism yesterday. I baptized a 10 year old boy named senzo. He was afraid of the water but after telling him how I had already baptized Alec he was ok with me doing it. It was so awesome and when we were done he was so happy. We are going over to his house for pizza tonight. Im really glad to read everyones emails. It really is exciting when I log in to my account and see i have emails to read. thank you everyone for taking the time to write me.

Love you all, 

Elder Knutsen


Senzo and his Family


No comments:

Post a Comment