Thursday, January 12, 2017

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year - December 26, 2016

I hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas, I know I did because I got to FaceTime my family! It was so cool to see them since it has been 8 months since I last called. It's crazy that I am now half way done with my calls home. Next year at this time I will be 21 months and just have a little left.
Christmas here is a lot different, no trees, lights or presents really - just family time and a nice meal. We got 3 huge meals back to back to back. I didn't think i would be able to finish it all but I did, we even had a 4th appt scheduled but we ran out of time, so they packed a container full of food for us.
So tomorrow I will be leaving Umlazi. It's crazy that have been here since the middle of August, I love it so much but it's time for me to head to my new area which is Molweni. It's a township about 45 minutes more inland, so still hot and humid, and I can't see the ocean every single day. That area is a small branch so there is a lot of work to be done there. Our Mission President called me this morning and told me he is putting one of the senior couple missionaries in that area and really wants me to work with them to help get things going there. It will be a challenge for sure but I'm super excited.
I love you all and hope you have a great new years.
Elder K

No comments:

Post a Comment