Monday, August 22, 2016

Goodbye Ladysmith - August 22, 2016


Hello everyone,

So I have exciting news and sad news, I am leaving Ladysmith tonight (or Tuesday morning depending how specific you want to be). It is sad to be leaving but at the same time I am excited because I am going to a super awesome place called Umlazi (pronounced um-la-zee).

Umlazi is the 2nd biggest township in South Africa, and I get to live in the township which will be super awesome. I know my mom will hate this, but is the most dangerous place in the mission. That's only if you aren't careful though, if you stay out of the places you shouldn't be, then you will be fine. My new companions name is Elder Chapo, he is from Zimbabwe. I am excited to have an African companion again.

It was tough to say good bye to all the people I have met here in Ladysmith. The members are so amazing and I will miss them so much. I will also miss Elder Smith, he is super awesome and we had gotten really close over these last 6 weeks.

I will definitely have a lot to say next week after my first week in Umlazi, its a pretty crazy place but missionaries love it so I am super excited.

Love you all and have a great week.

Elder Knutsen

No comments:

Post a Comment